YES, indeed! The day when Lexington (and beyond) come to check out the funnest, feathery-est, fowl-full tour of urban chicken coops!
If you would like to be a Tour Host, featuring your flock in their backyard habitat, contact us here with this info:
- A description of your coop and flock
- Let us know why you keep chickens
- Photos of the coop/flock or arrange an on-site visit
- Your name, address, and contact info
What you don’t need:
- No need to be an expert in chicken keeping – We are all learning and sharing our backyard chicken keeping experiences.
- No need to have a top-dollar coop – As long as your coop is an example of responsible urban chicken keeping, that’s great!
- No need to have the fanciest, rarest, purest chicken breeds – If your flock is happy and healthy, then so are we!
Here is what we are asking of Coop Tour Hosts if they are chosen:
- Have your coop, your yard, and yourself ready for several hundred people to visit on the day of the tour.
- It would also be helpful to have a few friends, family, or neighbors to help welcome tour participants.
- Attend 1-2 meetings in preparation for the coop tour.
- Have fun!
If you would like to volunteer in organizing the tour, here are some ways to join us:
- Tour Host Selection/Orientation Committee
- After-tour Party Planning
Contact us here to let us know how you’d like to help.