Due to the success of the previous two tours Lexington chicken keepers will once again be showcasing responsible urban chicken keeping in May 2013!
In addition to showing hundreds of our neighbors proper care and innovative designs, the proceeds help support CLUCK! community outreach and educational programs under Seedleaf !
At this time a few committees are forming to assist with the tour this year. If you have an interest let us know at
- coop recruiting/coordination – recruit/communicate with potential tour hosts
- ticket sales – identify stores who could sell, help track sales; we will be selling online (new this year!)
- pre-tour promo and event tabling – promote the tour through poster distribution and tabling events, other ideas?
- workshop setup – (new this year!) educational workshops at tour host locations, recruit workshop facilitators, coordinate schedule
- post tour event planning – plan/coordinate post tour party!
- Silent Auction/raffle – (new this year) identify/manage items to be donated for silent auction and/or raffle at post tour party